Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Handmade Gift: Beanbags for the "Duo"

When Madelin started having spelling tests, the teacher in me thought that it would be a good idea to make the kids beanbags for Christmas (one letters set and one numbers set). I thought that they would be great teaching/learning tools. The alphabet set for learning A-Z, spelling names and words; the numbers set for learning to count, to add and subtract and anything else the kids came up with. I made the blue bag for the letters, green bag for the numbers.
I used scrap fabric for the letters, numbers and the bags. All that I had to buy was the beans for the bags.
Since opening the beanbags on Christmas, the kids have used them for the hopscotch mat, putting the letters in alpha order, throwing them all over the floor and pelting them at each other!! I guess the teacher in me will have to just deal with the fact that they are BEANBAGS and it's just way to tempting to not throw them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment