Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Handmade Gift for Madelin's Teacher

Pretty much every part of this gift was handmade...the treats, the hand-painted jar and the gift tag. So I saw the chocolate covered Oreos idea on Pinterest. I probably should have read how to make them...I thought it would be fairly easily and could make them without any directions. BUT it was a disaster...you can kind of tell that in the picture. Anyways, I made some more that looked a lot better (thus being the reason why they are white chocolate covered in the picture below - oops! :)). I make the chocolate covered pretzels every Christmas. They are easy to make and yummy! :)
I put m & m's in a jar, placed the treats in a jar, put the jar in a cellophane bag, added a Starbucks gift card to the bag and tied the bag with a piece of scrap fabric. The gift tag was created by the illustrator of my mom's book.
If you look closely, you can see the hand-painted holly berries on the backside of the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment