Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

What Do You Do With All of Those Cards??

We love to receive Christmas cards at our house. Every year, we seem to get a few more than the year before and finding the space for them can be tricky. I was flipping through a Pottery Barn Kids catalog and came upon a page that showed Christmas cards hanging from some kind of string. I thought to myself, "I can do that...for cheap!" I nailed a nail in the wall, tied twine around the nail and then nailed the nail in completely. I did the same on the opposite wall. The twine is about 16 ft. long. We have received one card, thanks Laura. :) I used a binder clip (purchased at Office Max) to hang the card on the twine.

I used to place and hang the cards on the mantle, but as you can tell, it has been over-taken.
I also used to tape them above the archway between our entryway and dining room but I wanted to try something new.
What do you do with all of your fabulous Christmas cards?

2 comments:

  1. so, we have this wire Christmas tree that hangs flat on the wall in our entryway and it has curled up wire all along the branches that we stick our cards into...although we usually get too many cards for the tree to handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be happy to know they are stacked on my counter with the other mail awaiting me to do something with them... great idea! Also, makes me think I should get to working on my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete