Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

24 days and counting

Now that Thanksgiving is over it's time to focus on Christmas! :) I have a few Christmas projects in the works; so be looking for them very soon. To start the season off, Madelin and I made a Christmas Countdown Chain after school today. We've never had an advent calendar (as much as I like them and have always wanted one), so the next best thing is a Christmas Countdown Chain. Madelin and I have made one each year for the last few years. It's quick and easy (that is unless you have a 1 1/2 year old trying to get his little hands on the strips of paper and is also trying to "help" by dismantling the stapler)! We used green and red paper and pinking shears. I folded the width of the paper into eighths.
I cut a majority of the strips and Madelin cut the rest.
Our pile of 24 strips...the number of days until we will be celebrating Christmas at our house. I did not want to take the chain on the plane with us!!
I looped the strips through each other, making sure to overlap each loop and then Madelin stapled them.
Our Christmas Countdown Chain!
To finish off the chain, I used a strip of felt to tie the chain to the curtain rod.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment