Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peace Sign and Shag, What Decade is it?

Peace sign and shag pillows, that is, for Madelin's bed. The peace sign pillow was Madelin's request and I found the shag pillow here. I'm not a big fan of peace signs but anything for my girl! ;) I made this shag pillow because...1. I thought it was just too cute and 2. I had a set of jersey sheets that needed to be used for crafting purposes...the sheets just weren't cutting it on Madelin's bed! So, I used the old jersey sheet to create the shag, bought pink fabric at Hobby Lobby for the pillow and used stuffing from an old accent pillow; the total cost of the pillow was less than $3! I made the peace pillow using this yellow accent pillow (I think I made it in middle or high school!!) and the peace sign fabric was from Hobby Lobby. For the peace sign, I created my own pattern, used Pellon Wonder Under, ironed it on and then sewed around it. This pillow was easily less than $2. The complete look. :) Here's to peaceful sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment